Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ron Sakamoto: Strange homicide

I hate it when I get woken up in the early a.m. , especially on a cold rainy night.  People think it never rains in LA, but it does, and sometimes, pretty hard and pretty often.  Thank goodness I live nearby.  The murder took place in the Santa Fe Arts District - formerly full of warehouses, which developers tried to make into a gentrified neighborhood and they still are - but its progress was surpassed by othe parts of the city.  So, now, its an eclectic mix of artsy lofts, wholesale warehouse outlets and strip joints.  The victim, so I am told was a dancer at one of the neighborhood clubs.

The strange thing is, she was drained of blood, and no sign anywhere of the blood. Maybe the rain washed it away, but that's more of a supernatural explanation, more likely she was killed someplace else and disposed of here.

I noticed a strange man dressed in black. A lock of hair covered one eye, and a baseball cap covered his head.  Probably a gawker, but there was something about him that caused me to make a mental note of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment